Rules of conduct, policies & ethics:
- All are welcome regardless of age, physical ability, ethnicity, spiritual practice, or sexual preference.
- Students must possess an earnest desire in their self-development.
- Treat all and the studio space with respect and care.
- Out of respect for others, please come to practice fragrance and smoke free.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and flat, soft-soled indoor-dedicated shoes. Socks or bare feet are fine.
- All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. Inquire about payment plans and scholarships.
- Please take all make-ups with within a month of the missed class. You may try another class for your make-up.
- Teachers occasionally travel for study or teaching. In these cases, classes will continue with a qualified substitute instructor or class will be suspended for the period of absence (likely in cases of travel to china for study).
- Always feel free to contact Viola directly with any concerns or questions.
- If you are unsure about your ability to participate please consult your healthcare provider.
- For the continuity and grounding of the class, please arrive a few minutes early so that the class can begin on time, or make prior arrangements if you are going to be late. Do your best to make it to all the classes. This will give you the most benefit and assure your progress. If you are unable to make a class, please let us know in advance.
Disclaimer: When Tai Chi and Qigong are practiced correctly, they pose minimal risk to one’s health, and are, in fact extremely beneficial, Wise Orchid Martial Arts, Viola Brumbaugh, substitute teachers, or practice spaces are not liable for mishaps or injury sustained during class or in the practice. Enrollment in the classes signifies that you understand and accept the aforementioned waver of liability.
Fees and Discounts:
The following are the tuition rates and discounts for ongoing Tai Chi & Qigong classes at The Center for Movement & Healing in West Seattle (CMH), The Chinese Wushu TaiChi Academy in the International District (CWTA), and Emerald City Aikido on Capitol Hill (ECA).
By the Quarter:
- Unlimited classes per week $385
- 2 Classes per week for $308
- 1 Class per week for $220
- Unlimited classes per week $1466
- 2 classes per week $1188
- 1 class per week $842
- 20 Class Card $352
- 10 Class Card $198
- Single Class $28
- Single 1 hour class $99
- Additional Person $25
- 3 – 1 hour class package $$275
Senior, Veteran & Family Discounts: Students 70+ years, Veterans, and additional family members may receive a 25% discount off classes at CWTA, ECA, & CMH only. Payable by check or cash only (no paypal or credit card please).
Also, Burien seniors are eligible for a scholarship once every quarter giving you $50 to apply toward any class at the Burien Community Center (BCC). Please inquire at the BCC to received your quarterly senior scholarship.