Happy Summer Break to all. We will be off in a couple days to train with Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei and family in Las Vegas. We’ll be back and ready for our Summer classes to begin on July 8th. Look below for:
- Our Summer Schedule of classes
- Info on our upcoming Costa Rica Tai Chi & Qigong Retreat!
- Drop in Wednesdays with Myles
- Rus’s Rehab Update and our Go Fund Me campaign
- Erlu with Eldan on Thursdays continues, and
- Laojia Yilu Section 6 intensive
Summer Sessions begin July 8th, Monday, back at the Studio. Due to wildfires and park issues, we’ll be training inside at the studio for the summer Mon-Fri. for the Central District classes. Saturday mornings will be at Pratt Park unless the AQI is above 100. See below for info for specific classes and links to register:
- All levels Chen Tai Chi resumes Monday & Thursday evenings at 6pm as well as Monday and Wednesday mornings at 8:45am, and Saturdays at 10am.
- Qigong All levels is back on Mondays and Wednesdays at 7:30am and Saturdays at 9:15am.
- Yang 108 Tai Chi All levels will be back at Lincoln Park in West Seattle Tuesdays & Thursdays at 8:30am.
- Burien Tai Chi for Everyone will continue Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Burien Community Center at 10:45am.
- Chen Tai Chi for Beginners in Burien will have a new session beginning Tuesday, July 9th at 6pm at the Burien Community Center.
- Burien Qigong for Health of Body Mind & Spirit will return on Wednesdays at 10:45am starting July 10th.
- Intro to Tai Chi – Fundamentals for Beginners will start Wednesday July 17th at 6:30pm at the Wise Orchid Studio and will be DROP IN Only $15-20 per class, sliding scale.
- Erlu with Eldan will return Thursday, July 11th at 7:30pm following the all levels Chen Taiji.
- and at South Seattle College, Summer sessions of Yang 24 Tai Chi 5:30pm and Qigong in the Arboretum 6:45pm will begin Wednesday, July 10th.
- Tai Chi for Seniors will also return for two sessions a week beginning July 8th, Mondays at 10:30am (class full) and Thursday afternoons at 2pm (only 3 spots left).
- and for summer, Saturday classes will continue at Pratt Park between Yesler and Main off of 20th Ave. South, as long as the AQI is below 100.
Our Costa Rica Taijiquan & Qigong Immersion Retreat is a great opportunity to get away for some transformative practice, fun, and a tropical escape in the midst of winter. You are invited to join us next January for this week long retreat in the central mountains of Costa Rica. Come immerse yourself in beauty, relaxation, and focused training. Early Bird registration (save $150) continues through Aug. 15th. Full amount due by October 1st. For details and registration link here.
“Being at and learning Qigong and Tai Chi in Costa Rica with Viola was a fantastic treat. We learned and appreciated both the fundamentals of Qigong and Tai Chi in the beautiful country of Costa Rica, that truly inspired us to want to learn more. We would recommend this retreat to family and friends, as Viola is not only a wonderful instructor, there is a calm, gracious, and kind spirit that exudes in her, whether you are in her class for the first time or have been for many years.” — 2017 participant
Summer is always busy, now you have the flexibility of a DROP IN class. INTRO TO TAI CHI – FUNDAMENTALS FOR BEGINNERS is Wednesdays at 6:30pm this Summer, Starting July 17th. Join Myles for $15-20 a class sliding scale, and begin your practice or work the basics to improve and deepen your foundation. Look to the calendar for specifics. Class only running through the end of August to give you Labor Day and September to continue your practice in any of the All Level’s classes.
Rus completed the Functional Restoration Program through Swedish Hospital’s Pain Clinic and since that time, has slowly been able to return to a few Tai Chi classes each week. Making a lot of progress, he is now able to walk the dogs without the assistance of a crutch. Pain and weakness are still a very taxing challenge, and he has a way to go in rehabilitating the nerve damage to his left leg. With the help of physical therapy, massage, and chiropractic, he is working to manage pain and regain strength and function. The journey is a long and slow process.
The expenses incurred for his treatment are continuing to come and so we are still asking for whatever support you are able to offer. Even if it is to share this GoFundMe campaign with your network, it all helps. As always, we are so grateful for you and this community. The help we’ve received so far has made a world of difference.
We are hoping that with your help we can meet the medical bill obligations and stay afloat. Please have a look at the campaign and share with your friends and contribute if you are able. You have all made a difference in us getting this far. Thank you so much for all you do and give.
Continuing this Summer Session, join Eldan on Thursday evenings at 7:30pm for Laojia Erlu at the studio. Begins July 11th.
Beginning July 13th, Saturday’s sessions will continue in Pratt Park as long as the AQI is below 100. We’ll begin with Qigong at 9:15am, followed by All Levels Chen Taiji at 10am, and rounding it off at 11am with Chen Spear and short weapon review. If we run into inclement weather, we will meet under the shelter. Bring water and layers and see you there.
Lastly, we’ll be offering a Laojia Yilu section 6 – 2 hour intensive training on Friday Aug 2nd, at 2pm at the Studio. Suggested donation $50 to be contributed toward a social justice organization. Contact Viola if you are interested in particpating.
So, we are off to Las Vegas to train with Grandmaster Chen and family. Looking forward to returning in July and sharing more insights and good practice. Stay tuned for news about Master Leung workshops later this summer or early fall.
In the meantime, be well, breathe, practice and take your time.
Much love and gratitude,